Monday, August 11, 2008

Its soooooo beautiful . . .

Its just so beautiful outside. I can't get over it! These past few days have just been gorgeous. Low, low humidity (UNHEARD of this time of year), mild temps, sunshine and blue skies. I can't even express how much it lifts my heart and my attitude. I feel God's blessing and provision in this beautiful weather - such an unexpected surprise for August and I'm going to love every single minute of it! This morning I strapped Reid in the Baby Bjorn and took the kids out for a ride on their little bikes. We rode down to the lake and walked around it and then around our block and I never broke a sweat. It was so nice to be out enjoying the morning together.
Last night Ryan and I stayed up late watching the Olympics and I'm SO glad we did because we got to see the amazing US men's victory in the 4x100 freestyle relay. In case you missed it they were up against their major French rivalry on this one. The French team had been quoted as saying they were going to "smash" our guys. Well, in the most exciting swimming race I have ever seen our team beat them by just hundredths of a second (I think) and it was awesome. We were jumping up and down (well, bouncing up and down I guess) and cheering and it just made me so proud. These guys won with such grace and class and I loved every minute of it!
So, that's about it for now. This coming Sunday is the big race and I'm feeling ready. I went out on Saturday and ran as close to race pace as I could and I was really happy with my time. If I can run the same on Sunday I'll be thrilled. I'm trying to focus on eating healthy foods this week to give me the fuel I'll need to perform my best. This is a real test for me because I LOVE food and have little self control. But I'm hoping I can stick with it for just one week.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

It IS gorgeous outside! I love it! Good luck this weekend! I'll be cheering for you guys!

And yes, the race was amazing last night.

ckuretich said...

oh my gosh absolutely to this entire post.

a) the weather, OMG. I'm with you. I feel so overwhelmed with joy during this weather - this is how I feel pretty much all fall. I was gonna blog about both these items but my weekend pictures took it away from me. so don't think I'm copying you when I write about this this week... :)

2) the 4x100 - DAMN!!!! It was amazing. I ALMOST went to bed. David was like "you're not gonna stay up an extra 3 minutes to watch the race?" I'm like, yeah ok. Whatevs. WOW. so glad I did. I could not stop grinning and laughing, because it was so awesome!!!! LOVED IT.

d)your race!!! this is big. i'm so proud of you.

Red said...

We got to enjoy the weather this weekend for our anniversary too - fabulous!

I'll be praying for you this Saturday - I hope you have a blast! =0) Good luck with the eating only healthy foods. I feel confident for you...does that help?

Amanda said...

I'm with you on the weather. It's so wonderful and refreshing!

Good luck on the race this weekend. I know you MOMS Clubbers are gonna "smash" em! lol