Thursday, July 10, 2008

Great Trip


Well, we had a great time in Ohio. I'm sitting here looking through the pics and there are just way too many to pick from to post on here but I'll try.

We left straight from the HHC Company Picnic. The kids had a blast and played their hearts out. We were there for 3 hours of bouncers, playground, water play and the hot sun. I thought for sure everyone would conk out for a nap in the car but no such luck. Jake and Ainsley didn't sleep a wink the whole drive but they were great (LOVE that DVD player) and so that was fine.

We spent the first night at Ryan's brother's house to make our drive an hour shorter. The next morning we headed out to Nonny and Poppy's house. It was so chilly and drizzly it felt nothing like the 4th of July. They live in a beautiful old farmhouse out in the country complete with barn, creeks and ponds. Its just a really fun place for them. Jake particularly liked digging worms so we could fish in the pond. He wasn't so keen when Nonny would put the worms on the hook - he asked the fish to please not eat his worms. Well, they did eat those worms right off our hook so we never actually caught a fish but Jake didn't care because he had his can of worms (which I just realized is somewhere in my minivan - we put soil in and put a lid on and poked holes - and I'm freaking out a little now). The rain cleared on the 4th and after we put the little ones to bed Ryan and I went with Jared and Chyloe, their boys and Poppy to see fireworks. It was Jake's first fireworks and he was in awe. It was precious. Then we did sparklers and I think that was Jake's favorite part of the whole weekend.

The highlight of the weekend for the adults was playing Singstar on PS2. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. I must have this game for myself so now my new hobby is surfing craigslist for it!

Ainsley enjoyed the time to be the princess as she is at any amily function. She had Uncle Chad sufficiently wrapped around her little finger by the time we left. And Reid continued to be the superstar baby that he is. Giggles, laughs and coos. I think he made at least some of his aunts and uncles get that baby itch (again).




1 comment:

Red said...

Ok, I just had to share this: I checked out your guest blog and linked through to the youtube video. Well, I didn't realize I had my computer on mute until I didn't hear what was going on. I unmuted it in time to see the dog getting hit by a bike - as Bebo sings the chorus in the background!! I had opened it in a new tab and had both going at the same time. At first I was like, no wonder Lacey liked this video, then I laughed so hard when I realized it was the music from your blog. Ah, thank God it's Friday...

Glad you had a great trip. I'm curious about this game, you'll have to fill me in - sounds like fun!

I hope the Odyssey is worm free!