Thursday, June 19, 2008

Lacey's Favorite #2

I love funny people. I love being around people that make me laugh. I love anyone with a great sense of humor. That is what makes this post painful because this hilarious email and flyer arrived from friends that are leaving us to move on to bigger and better things. But left me laughing in the process.In preparation for our move, we thought this a good time to get rid of stuff and to throw a party (of sorts). This Saturday, starting at 5:30pm, feel free to come by. We'll be grilling and cooking up the stuff we've been saving in the freezer, fridge, and pantry for a special occasion. Since the special occasion never came, we've decided we need to jettison the dead weight now. Who knows what we might eat?! Bring an appropriately ambiguous appetite.
We also have stuff. It is stuff we neglected to return to the store, doesn't fit, Kimiko doesn't want in our next home, is "so five minutes ago", or just won't travel or store well. If you can use it or just want to make us feel better holla "Dibs" and it's yours. We'll specify what things in the house this applies to -it's not everything.
If you like yard sales but hate spending all that money, if you like moving but not heavy lifting, if you like the thrill of Iron Chef but think they have too many ingredients at their disposal, you'll love this party.
If you feel I neglected to invite anyone, it's only because I don't have their email address, please pass this email on. They just may fit a 7 1/2 shoe.



2 comments:

Red said...

This made me laugh so hard - I love it!

ckuretich said...

OMG HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so brilliant, thanks for posting it.