Thursday, February 12, 2009

Knocked Up

So the word on the street is that I am, yet again, knocked up. Well, the word is true and we are thrilled. I almost said we "couldn't be happier" but that would be a lie because I feel pretty crappy and therefore without the crappy I would be happier. But I guess if I was just talking about adding another kiddo then I could use the term "couldn't be happier" and I wouldn't be lying. Hmmm, what to do, what to do.
I think what I should do is move onto another paragraph before you get any more confused by my rambling. I have been incredibly blessed through my 3 previous pregnancies that they were basically easy with few problems. I'd feel a little queasy here or there and certainly tired but never something that really slowed me down. Well this little egg/sperm combo has knocked me out like a kung fu fighter and I still don't know which way is up. Pretty much every single food disgusts me. I cry when I have to come up with meals for my family because it involves thinking about food. I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat. And I'm a smidge more emotional than usual. On the positive side my complexion hasn't completely exploded (yet) and I've gained nary a pound. Usually I bulk up a hefty 10 pounds or so in the first trimester because all I can think about is cheese and new and exciting ways to consume it. This time Ryan has become my personal shopper - making countless trips to the store to get whatever I think I can stomach. One weekend it was Won-Ton soup. The next it was french bread with mozzarella cheese. Another time it was a Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit. That guy is a trooper.
Well, I feel myself dozing off so I guess that is a good sign its time to wrap up this post.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I'm sorry this baby is kicking your butt! It must be a thing because mine is kicking mine too. Although, I have NO problems eating and my 12 pound weight gain already shows it. Lol, it's so funny how pregnancies are different. This is by far much harder than the first 2. Maybe it's because they exhaust me! Congrats again and I hope the yuckies go away quickly for you!

Unknown said...

Congrats to you guys! I hope you get to feeling better soon and that these yuckies don't last all 40 weeks!

Red said...

Hooray for a full Odyssey!!

Praying for the sickiness to pass soon and can't wait to meet the latest addition to the Trumbo clan.

xoxo

Amber J said...

I am thinking of you;) I mentioned your sweetness in my blog, just because!!! Good job Ryan...keep being a trooper!!
Hope this passes quickly for you....come on lil Trumbo ...give mama a break!

Stephanie said...

I'm joining the "this baby is kicking my butt" club. This blog post cracked me up and rovided me a wonderful laugh this morning! Hope you're feeling better soon.

ckuretich said...

mmm Chick-fil-a....Ok well I just emailed you because it was LONG overdue and speaking of due - you're pregnant. Ummmmm WHAT?~?!?!?!?!?!? i'm so so so thrilled for you and this is awesome. you are beautiful and fabulous and I hope you start feeling a little more like yourself soon. that does not sound super fun. but having another baby on the way - YAY!!!!

Laurie Moudy said...

You know it could be twins. They knocked off my socks from the get go. I was always tired and could not figure out why until we found out not one but two, hahaha, not what you want to hear I am sure. How exciting for you both!