Monday, February 23, 2009

It's Monday

Wow, what an original title to this blog post. Clearly this post is going to be inspired. I swear, if I spent half as much time actually blogging as I did stressing about what to blog, or the fact that I haven't blogged in forever or whatever . . . then this blog would be on a roll. But its not. I think the main problem is that I don't want this to be a blog where I share with you what errands I ran that day or the latest sick list around here. I want it to be creative and funny and cool and lately I am none of those things and so the blog has been dormant. Ooh, maybe it needs to go into hibernation. I wish I could go into hibernation lately. Especially with Ryan's departure drawing closer and closer - I just want to crawl in a hole or hide my head in the sand or something because I am absolutely dreading it.
This weekend was so nice but cold! We drove down to Nashville on Saturday and as we were leaving the mall I was thinking how nice it felt outside! I mentally started to make plans for what I'd do when we got home - vac the van out, sweep the garage - stuff that I hate to do when its freezing. Our car said it was 59 degrees as we were pulling out of the Cool Springs Galleria. Well, over the next 40 minutes I watched that temperature gage drop 20 degrees!!! By the time we pulled into our driveway it was 39 degrees with freezing rain that eventually turned into snow. Not cool. The only thing that was cool was how awesome my husband is. I have this total fascination with crazy weather so every time the gage would drop another degree I'd get all excited and he was totally making fun of me but laughing with me at the same time. We were laughing so hard I was hurting trying not to wake up Reid who was dozing peacefully in the back seat.
On the pregnancy front the nausea is much better which is good - although it also means my jeans won't fit for too many more weeks as I'm sure my ass expansion is imminent. I ate some dessert last night watching the Oscars with Ryan and it still didn't taste that great but I did it for the comraderie and the experience. Isn't that stupid? I'm just tired of being left out of the good dessertness. I just hope this and my disdain for coffee will pass. I shudder to think of life without a desire for dessert or coffee. Some may see it as a blessing but I see it as a life less worth living.
Well, gotta go fetch Reid from his nap. I'm dragging him to Wal-mart for the umpteenth time as my latest craving is commanding me to make more Chicken tortilla soup . . .

1 comment:

The Magees said...

ok, so i hated dessert until i was pregnant. never ate chocolate, and now i can't get enough (and i don't have the prego excuse anymore). that is too funny that you don't want it! but chicken tortilla soup is great, too (and a WHOLE lot healthier)!!