Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Hair Didn't


You know us girls and how we just love to get our hair did.  Nothing like a good hour or two with my favorite stylist to give me a new perspective on life!  I swear there is just something about sitting there talking about everything and nothing and letting someone make you beautiful that is better than just about any other therapy I know!  Which is why I it doesn’t really make sense that I always leave the scheduling of hair appointments until I’m about to get Britney Spears with a pair of clippers crazy on my head! 

Right now the status of my hair is so pathetic I’m pretty sure my wonder-stylist is going to kick me right back out the door when I get in.  You see, the optimum time for a new-do on this old girl would’ve been sometime in early-mid December.  Well, we all know how slow and easy-paced December is, right???  So, c’mon, I told myself we’d get through the holidays and then I’d call the salon and beg for mercy.  Whelp, then we all know I decided to plan that spur of the moment trip to Disney … just days after the most expensive month of the year.  Which already had my husband shaking his head as he poured over our Mint.com account (if you don’t know what that is you should.  You’ll thank me).  I knew better than to push my luck and throw a cut and highlight on top of the receipt pile so I thought I’d just grit my teeth and  make it a little further.  And then we got home and it was time to get ready for deployment and ramp up marathon training and blah, blah, blah.  So I finally called in an explained to wonder-stylist that no, I had not cheated on her and found another person to do my hair, yes, I did look pretty horrific and please, could she fit me in as soon as possible.  I also threw in a whole bunch of other unverifiable nuances that may or may not have led her to believe that I was kidnapped by a band of gypsies while trying to rescue children from poverty in the gritty underbelly of Pinehurst. 
But can you blame me?  If your roots looked like this I bet you could make a pretty good case for an insanity defense ….
Update!  Thanks to the intervention of my parents I was able to get my hair did TODAY!  Yay!  Aside from having to listen to the snide comments from wonder-stylists and her sidekick (think something like: well we better do Lacey's summer color since we won't see her again til next fall") it was purely heavenly.  1 hour and 40 minutes of peace and quiet and the best head scrub this side of ... I don't know what.  Yeah me!