Monday, March 9, 2009

Good Friends

For the past day or so I've just been struck with the blessing of good friends. Ever since Ryan left on Thursday its just been one thing (or person) after another - doing something big or little - that has continually lifted my spirits and given me a little boost. I've been mulling over how to write this post without it seeming like an attempt to be boastful or showy because really I just want to rejoice in the blessings of the past few days. So, I hope that will come across in how I communicate what I'm feeling.

Where to start . . . on Thursday my friend Troy made a special effort to spend time with me that really was just the relaxation and break I needed at that moment. All day long I was sent words of encouragement and love via email and facebook from dear friends who wanted me to know they were thinking of me. The best had to have been from my friend Sarah who told me to let her know when I needed her to make a Manzanillo delivery to my house. She's a true friend to know how much I love my mexican food and how much I was worried about how to get a fix while Ryan is gone.

On Friday we were treated to a nice pizza dinner at the Remick home and Troy's sister Tarrah was there to constantly lend a hand and keep the pandemonium to a minimum. It was such a nice evening.

On Saturday in the midst of the craziness of soccer pictures my friends Amanda and Stephanie were there to help me herd my kids this way and that. After the pictures we all met at the park and just the few minutes of their company was so nice. Plus I didn't have to lug three kids into the disgusting bathroom when Ainsley decided she had to go potty. Not to mention Amanda's husband Bill who sweetly took Reid up on the playground for me a few times.

Yesterday at church I was surrounded by those looking to give me a hand or a hug. My very pregnant friend Kacy was asking ME if I needed anything on her way home after a long morning. Megan came back to sit with me to help me keep a handle on Jake and Ainsley during the service and Carol and Steve stayed up a few rows to watch her kids so she could help with mine.

And last night I was able to spend some great time having dinner with my friend Kristen. It was so nice to have her company but what was nicest of all was that when my children absolutely all fell to pieces at the exact same moment I didn't have to be embarrassed in front of her. Because she is that kind of friend.

So last night as I dragged myself into bed absolutely exhausted, my spirit was lifted by the blessing of many friends.

4 comments:

Red said...

Aw, I wish I lived closer to be more hands on with you right now. Glad I get to come next week and show some love! xoxo

Anonymous said...

You have shown me how to take care of a friend during deployment. I only hope I can do as good of a job as you! Just the quick phone calls to check in mean so much. Love you!

Sarah said...

Reds coming??? Woo hoo! I know you are excited!

See you tonight...and the offer is always there.....mmmmmm..guacomole!

Anonymous said...

I am happy to help. Thanks for your friendship. Love, Tarrah