Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Suburban Mom on a Rampage

So, if you are in the 1% of the population who wasn't on the gossip chain to hear the news when I hit a light post in our neighbhorhood, let me fill you in now. THe same week Ryan went back to Iraq I was hurrying to get the kids home from preschool when I backed into a light pole in our neighbhorhood. It dented my bumper and knocked the light off the post (thankfully not on to my car).

It was totally traumatic resulting in me calling the president of our HOA bawling my eyes on (not one of my finer moments). I should have waited to calm down but wanted to get it off my chest. So, after a week of being on pins and needles I find out the cost to repair the light is going to be $1300. Are you kidding me? Was this thing made of gold and then spray painted to just look like a regular old light. Was it really a find piece of art masquerading as safety lighting. I was so ticked. Not to mention that I got the call at 5pm on Friday - minutes after my Allstate office closed so I got to sit on this all weekend just worrying.

Yesterday I got the great news that this will be totally covered by my insurance and with no deductible. But what makes this whole story really funny is my sweet Ryan's response. When I told him about the insurance last night he said that I should just go out and mow down the rest of the lights in the 'hood while Iwas at it. I can just see me out there doing this in my van in a manner reminiscent of the lady in Fried Green Tomatoes who loses it in the grocery store parking lot. "To Wanda"!!!!

No comments: