Saturday, January 25, 2014

Knee Update

Its been exactly one month since I hurt my knee.  If I was a professional athlete I would have had an MRI that same day and surgery the next.  Unfortunately I'm no where near that level of importance and so after 1 month and 3 visits to the doctor I've finally been able to get scheduled for surgery ... in 3 weeks.  GAH!

That leaves me in a very restless and unhappy spot.  I miss running.  I'm doing the best I can with swimming, biking and ellipticating but they are decidedly inferior for giving me my runner's high. I'm so cranky.  I feel really badly for my family right now.

This state of waiting is the absolute worst.  I'm not getting better, I'm just getting slower day by day.

My surgery will be 2 months and 9 days before Boston.  I have no idea what kind of shape I will be able to achieve between surgery day and race day.  And I still have the nagging fear that my left knee that was bothering me in the first place before my right meniscus tore, won't cooperate after all is said and done.

No comments: