Sunday, January 31, 2010

Maybe, just maybe, you can buy happiness

I mean, I don't want to make this post seem too materialistic right from the get go but I don't have that much time to beat around the bush lately. So let's get right to the point - a couple of weeks ago I pulled out Ryan's laptop, I clicked here and clicked there, I entered in my Amex number from memory (oh yes, I know it forwards and backwards including the expiration date and security code), pressed "purchase" and instantly was happier at just the prospect of what was coming. Three days later the UPS man visited (don't think I need to detail again how I feel about that) and again, happiness. But that night, as I put my purchase to the test I found pure joy. What was it that brought me such delight?


Paintbrush flannel sheets from Garnet Hill. Without a doubt the best money I have spent in a long time. Every night I get into bed and am transported to my own special world. I actually plan what pj's I'm going to wear to bed to maximize the amount of skin that will be touching the sheets without freezing my tush off during those occasional middle of the night feedings. To sum up, I did buy myself some happiness. And I highly recommend you do the same - you will not be disappointed.

2 comments:

anna said...

Lace - I feel the same way about sheets. Minus the midnight feedings. That is something I (and I'm pretty cheap) like to splurge on every once in a while. YOU CAN"T BEAT GOOD SHEETS! :0)

Much love you you and your fam,

Red said...

lol, love it!